For healthy hair it’s really important to regularly take care of them. Being particular to follow these tips will certainly help you:
- Wash your hair regularly. Washing your hair regularly ensures that your scalp and hair is free of dirt and excess oil. After wash dry them naturally.
- Use chemical free shampoo and conditioner correctly. Using wrong hair care products can make you feel itchy and lead to hair fall.
- Trim Your Hair Regularly, Oil before wash at least twice a week and use a wide-toothed comb.
- Eat Healthy: two most important things in your diet are iron and protein. Also stay hydrated.
What Happens When You Don’t Take Care Of Your Hair?
- If you don’t take care of your hair, it may result in many problems. Your hair may become dull and lifeless.
- Your hair may stop growing after a point.
- Also you may start experiencing dandruff, hair fall and dryness.
How to maintain long and lustrous hair?
- Follow the tips given above for taking hair care tips. Eat healthy, stay hydrated and was your hair with a good quality shampoo. Better if it is chemical free and contains natural ingredients.
- Our hair follicles are surrounded by sebaceous glands. Overproduction of sebum (natural oil from the scalp) leads to blockage, inflammation, and hardening in the pores. That, in turn, leads to the thinning of the hair with accompanying hair loss. So distribute the natural oils from the scalp down the hair by using a soft-bristle brush once or twice a week. Always pay special attention to brushing your roots, as that’s where all the natural oils are.
- Never brush wet hair. Hair is known to be at its weakest when wet, which can also make it prone to tangling. Combing and excessive pulling of tangled, wet hair increases your chances of the hair breakage and eventually hair loss.
- Sleep on silk pillowcases. Silk can help hair retain moisture from products and natural oils and reduce friction that could cause tangles and breakage.
- Reduce heat styling. Exposure to high heat changes the shape of your hair’s keratin strands. Temperatures over 300°F convert the ⍺-keratin to β-keratin, which eventually leads to weaker hair that has lost its elasticity and become more prone to damage.
How many times should we wash our hair in a week?
The main purpose of washing hair with shampoo is to remove dirt and oil from hair and scalp. But chemicals and soap content in shampoos strips your hair of its natural oil, leaving it dry and flaky. Therefore cutting down on the number of times you wash your hair using shampoo could majorly improve the health and appearance of your hair. It is best shampoo to your hair only two to three times a week as this will help natural oils penetrate your scalp and allow it to hydrate and repair itself.
How to make your hair grow faster?
Here are few steps that may help your hair grow faster and stronger.
- Boost your nutrient profile. Specifically check your iron and protein intake. Natural ingredients like fenugreek may be a great help. Fenugreek seeds are a rich source of iron and protein — two essential nutrients for hair growth. They also contain a unique plant compounds, including flavonoids and saponins which are presumed to induce hair growth.
- Explore essential oils. Also indulge in a scalp massage. A scalp massage can help promote relaxation and relieve stress. It may also help boost the health of your hair. It’s thought that a scalp massage may help dilate blood vessels beneath the skin. This, in turn, may lead to thicker, stronger hair that’s less likely to break off or become damaged.
- Hold the heat which eventually leads to weaker hair that has lost its elasticity and become more prone to damage.
How one can reduce dandruff?
Dandruff is a common condition that causes the skin on the scalp to flake. The major culprit of dandruff is a fungus called Malassezia. It feeds on the oils on your scalp, breaking it down and leaving oleic acid in its place. Many people are sensitive to oleic acid. It triggers the irritation, flakes, itching and dryness we associate with dandruff.
- Regular hair washing with hair products which are chemical free, contain natural ingredients with antifungal efficacy (e.g. fenugreek) may be certainly a help to control dandruff.
- Avoid scratching your scalp, especially if it’s already itchy. Scratching can increase irritation and lead to a vicious cycle. When you touch and scratch, you can also introduce dirt into the mix that can make dandruff worse.
- Hair brushing for cleansing and increasing blood flow. Brush your hair from your scalp down with steady, firm strokes. This carries the oil away from your scalp, where the buildup of it and skin cells can cause dandruff.Reduce Stress. Stress can aggravate or even worsen dandruff for some individuals. Dandruff causing fungus Malassezia is not introduced to your scalp by stress, it can thrive if your immune system is compromised, which is exactly what stress does to your body. Do your scalp a favor and relax. Try taking a restorative walk or practicing yoga.